Frequently Asked Questions

Listed below are frequently asked questions about the Former Conway BGR. If you do not find the answer to your question, feel free to contact the US Army Corps of Engineers (Corps) using the Contact Form, or by telephone using the numbers listed on the Contact Information page.
Q: What should you do if you find ordnance on your property?
A: Do not touch, remove, or disturb the ordnance in any way. Call your local law enforcement officials.
Q: If historical ordnance is found, could they still detonate today?
A: A possibility does exist that ordnance, if found, could detonate if disturbed. As recommended above, if any type of ordnance is found it should not be touched, removed or disturbed in any way.
Q: I'm interested in building on my property. Will you come out to do a clearance?
A: Our program only allows us to follow a systematic process laid out in the Comprehensive Environmental, Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA). The process is called a Removal Action and limits us from clearing properties on a case by case bases.
Q: How will the government obtain access to private property of the study?
A: The government obtains access to private property through a formal process using standard Right of Entry (ROE) Agreements. A Right of Entry (ROE) Agreements is a legally binding agreement between a property owner and the government and is commonly used assessments, evaluations, or investigations. This standard agreement is negotiable.
Q: Will there be more public informational meetings and opportunities for public comment?
A: The Corps is committed to keeping the community informed regarding the progress of the ordnance evaluation and the activities that are being conducted. Public meetings will be held following major project milestones. In addition, various mailings, fact sheets and informational brochures will continue to be distributed to our mailing list.